Cornerstone Church (PCA) Core Beliefs
We believe 100% of the Bible to be the Holy Spirit breathed Word of God.
- The 66 books of the Old and New Testament are inspired by the Spirit of God, and therefore both inerrant and infallible as originally given.
- That Holy Scripture is the final authority in all matters of faith and conduct · 2 Timothy 3:16
We believe in one God, Creator of all things visible and invisible, Who is holy, sovereign, and eternal, eternally existing in three equal Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
We believe in the full deity and full humanity of Jesus of Nazareth:
- His eternal existence, with the Father in pre-incarnate glory
- His work of creation
- His Incarnation - His Virgin Birth, sinless life, substitutionary death,and bodily resurrection
- His triumphant ascension, and present mediatorial ministry
- His personal, physical return in power and glory
The Holy Spirit
We believe in the full deity and Personhood of the Holy Spirit:
- He convicts people of sin, of righteousness and of judgment
- He regenerates, indwells, seals, sanctifies, illuminates and comforts those who trust in Jesus Christ
- He baptizes believers at conversion into the Body of Christ
- He sovereignly bestows spiritual gifts upon believers as He wills and fills those who are yielded to Him
We believe in a literal Adam and a literal Eve:
- That the first 11 Chapters of Genesis are the history record of human history.
- That all people are descended from Adam and Eve
- That man was divinely created sinless, in the image of God
- That by one single act of disobedience Adam and Eve fell from their state of sinlessness
- That all Adam's posterity inherited spiritual depravity and defilement, and are by nature spiritually dead children of wrath
- That all people are guilty before God and, apart from Jesus Christ, face certain condemnation and eternal conscious punishment in Hell
We believe that salvation is completely and solely by the Sovereign Grace of God
- That by the will of the Father, Jesus Christ voluntarily suffered a propitiatory death to redeem God's people
- That Justification is by God's Grace alone, through faith alone in the Person and work of the Lord Jesus Christ alone
- That those the Holy Spirit calls from spiritual death to spiritual life will be divinely preserved and ultimately perfected in the image of the Lord